Thompson, Byron C.
Attended University of Southern California - Undergraduate Degree Bachelor of Arts 1972; Graduated Univ. of La Verne, Juris Doctor, 1978. Have practiced Family Law since 1978 to present; Certified Specialist 1985 and Admitted to the American Academy of Matrimonial Attorneys 1993. Practice has included representing clients in high conflict custody, support and dissolution actions. Have represented clients at the Appellate and Supreme Court levels, most notiably Montenegro v. Diaz, Trial and Appellate Attorney, and in Re Marriage of Biallas, Trial and Appellate Attorney. Married to Diantha Orme Thompson 52 years, 3 children and 8 grandchildren.
Areas Of Practice
Certified Legal Specialties
- Family Law, State of California, 1985 - Present
- California, 1978
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2008
- University of La Verne College of Law, La Verne, California
- J.D. - 1978
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
- B.A. - 1972
- Major: Political Science
- Montenegro v. Diaz, 26 6th 249, 2001, Calif. Supreme
- Marriage of Biallas, 65 CA 4th 755, 1998, Calif. 4th Dist
- Trial & Appellant attorney - In Re the Marriage of Biallas, 4th District Court of Appeal
- Trial & Appellant attorney - In Re the Marriage of Montenegro, California Supreme Court.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Fellow, 1993 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Tuckerman and Thompson, Partner
- Byron C. Thompson Atty at Law, Principal